Decora Powder Coatings is ASTM E84 fire rated, ensuring non-combustible coatings and finishes.
What is ASTM E84 & What does it mean?
- ASTM E84 is "The Standard Method of Test for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials"
- Results are expressed in terms of Flame Spread Index (FSI) and Smoke Developed Index (SDI)
- This information will help determine if a material can withstand a fire, or provide protection for a period of time
- Building with products or materials that are Class 1 (or A) with ASTM E84 testing ensures superior fire safety
- Decora's Flame Spread Index (FSI) = 5
- Decora's Smoke Developed Index (SDI) = 85
- Decora Powder Coatings is class Class 1 (also known as Class A)
- The best possible class to achieve (as identified below) is Class 1
- This means that Decora Powder Coatings is a non-combustible option for builders